What’s it cost to paint a house? Which factors will contribute to the cost? If you are planning to paint your home, you will certainly like to have an estimate so that you can prepare accordingly. However, the cost will vary significantly depending on a few factors. We will discuss the details in the followings.
To know what’s it cost to paint a house; first, you will have to go through the cost considerations. Besides, if your house is old, you might need to spend more on the preparation for painting.
Needing to hire a company to paint your home locally? We are Campos Painting with over 15+ years in experience.
There are different types of paints. When some are cheap, others are a bit expensive. You will have to take all these factors into account to decide the final cost. Here are some key factors that will contribute to the end cost.
• Type of Paint: If you buy higher quality paints, you will have to spend more.
• The texture of your wall: When the wall is highly textured, it will require some special equipment that will ultimately raise the cost.
• Number of required coats: Some colors might need multiple coating
• Condition of your wall: Painters might need to spend more time to prepare your wall for painting. They might need to remove wallpaper and patch hole before painting. All these will contribute to your overall painting cost.
• Work complexity: Some complex areas like windows, trim, high ceilings, faux finishes, and murals will impact your painting cost.
Many painters primarily charge based on the square foot. Some also charge depending on the complexity of the job.
What’s it cost to paint a house? From the above, you might have an idea about the factors that can contribute to the end cost. Besides, you can consider the following factor to have a proper estimate of your painting.
It is possible to paint over the paint. However, some colors demand specific attention and you can expect a better result by using a primer only. Primer prepares the painting surface for painting. Primer is considered good for some specific type of paints since it ensures that new paint will look polished without peeling or cracking.
There are different types of primers. You need to choose the right type depending on the type of the surface. For example, you can use oil-based primers for wood painting. Latex-bases primers will be a good choice for drywall. Shellac primers are very effective to cover major damages such as smoke smell and staining.
For a gallon paint, the average cost will be somewhere between $25 and $40. For a 3,000 square foot home, you will need around fifteen gallons of paint or even more. The cost will be between $375 and $600 for the paint only. If you buy high quality or premium paints, then you might need to spend between $50 and $100 per gallon. For high-quality paint, the average cost is $750-$1,500. If you hire a contractor, you will have to spend much more than paint.